VBT# Impossible Promise - Sybil Bartel



 

Review: Impossible Promise - Book #1 Unchecked - Sybil Bartel -  March 2015 

Have you ever come across a book that you read and it sticks with you , the storyline and the characters. For me, that was Impossible Promise and trust me readers, I wasn't expecting it to and to be completely honest I am not sure why it is still sticking in my head as it's not like the storyline was completely original or anything. I think it was the way that the story was written as the writing captivated me and made me not want to put the book down and the characters , I fell in love with Talon - their was just something about him and in a way he reminded me a tad bit of Ford from J.A Huss's series. This bad boy Marine Player who deep down has a soft spot and is actually sweet but would never jeopardise his friendship with Buck over the girl unless he knew he really had her heart, he was a 100% in type of guy - nothing less and nothing more, with him you are either in or out. Buck aka Blaze  on the other hand who is the main male lead discovers Layna as she is running for her life and brings her back to Talon's to keep her safe and try and figure out how to keep her alive, his character was a nice guy but I hated how he changed his mind all the time and kept pushing her away and then bringing her close and it was like make up your mind whether you want her or not. In Impossible Promise , we read as Layna sort-of witnessed the murder of her parents and now the people who ordered it to happen, want her silenced and dead but as she digs further with her newfound military friends - she discovers that the truth goes deeper than what she knew and that sometimes the people you think are good people can often be the ones to decieve us the most.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid